By António J. M. Castro
Most of the study efforts facing airline scheduling were performed on off-line plan optimization. besides the fact that, these days, with the more and more complicated and large site visitors at airports, the true problem is how one can react to unforeseen occasions that can reason plan-disruptions, resulting in flight delays.
Moreover those disruptive occasions frequently have an effect on a minimum of 3 assorted dimensions of the location: the plane assigned to the flight, the workforce project and infrequently forgotten, the passengers’ trip and satisfaction.
This booklet contains solutions to this problem and proposes using the Multi-agent approach paradigm to swiftly compose a multi-faceted method to the disruptive occasion bearing in mind attainable personal tastes of these 3 key points of the problem.
Negotiation protocols occurring among brokers which are specialists in fixing the several challenge dimensions, mixture of alternative application services and never less significant, the inclusion of the human within the computerized decision-making loop make MASDIMA, the procedure defined during this publication, like minded for real-life plan-disruption administration applications.
Read Online or Download A New Approach for Disruption Management in Airline Operations Control PDF
Best intelligence & semantics books
Connectionist ways, Andy Clark argues, are using cognitive technological know-how towards an intensive reconception of its explanatory exercise. on the center of this reconception lies a shift towards a brand new and extra deeply developmental imaginative and prescient of the brain - a imaginative and prescient that has vital implications for the philosophical and mental realizing of the character of ideas, of psychological causation, and of representational swap.
This ebook presents a cutting-edge advent to categorial grammar, one of those formal grammar which analyzes expressions as services or in keeping with a function-argument courting. The book's concentration is on linguistic, computational, and psycholinguistic facets of logical categorial grammar, i.
During this publication, the authors offer insights into the fundamentals of adaptive filtering, that are fairly important for college kids taking their first steps into this box. they begin via learning the matter of minimal mean-square-error filtering, i. e. , Wiener filtering. Then, they learn iterative equipment for fixing the optimization challenge, e.
- Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence. Proceedings of the Ninth Conference (1993)
- Inductive logic programming: techniques and applications
- Inferred Functions of Performance and Learning
- Executable Modal and Temporal Logics: IJCAI '93 Workshop Chambery, France, August 28, 1993 Proceedings
- Symbolic dynamics. One-sided, two-sided and countable state Markov shifts
Additional resources for A New Approach for Disruption Management in Airline Operations Control
3 we detail the implementation principles of Q-Learning and SARSA, two Temporal Difference Methods of reinforcement learning that we decided to use in our approach. 5 Problem Solving Algorithms Problem Solving Algorithms is an expression used to name any algorithm used for problem solving, ranging from the ones that achieve optimal solutions to the ones that achieve sub-optimal solutions. , 1983) and Dijkstra ShortestPath algorithm (Dijkstra, 1959). Before proceeding, it is important to point out that the MAS we proposed supports any other type of problem solving algorithm.
It uses an alternating sequential protocol of offers and counter-offers but only between two agents (one-to-one). The agents need to have full knowledge to generate proposes although they have limited information about the opponent. The agent preferences are private. (Dang & Huhns, 2005) proposes an extension to the alternating offers protocol (Osborne & Rubinstein, 1994) that allows many-to-many negotiations concurrently. According to the authors, the protocol deals effectively with issues such as negotiation consistency and decommitment risk, which may arise in many-to-many negotiation.
6. e, bilateral or multilateral. 4. We left out protocols that use game-theory and argumentation as their theoretical support. The interested reader can find good papers on these subjects. , 2004) presents one of the first surveys on the subject. More recently, (Dimopoulos & Moraitis, 2010) updated this information. Regarding game-theory, (Brams, 2003) also provides a good survey on the same subject. We also left out proposals related to generic automated negotiators or frameworks that include tools allowing to design several types of negotiation models including protocols and agent’s strategies, since it is more difficult to compare due to the variety of protocols and agents that can be designed.
A New Approach for Disruption Management in Airline Operations Control by António J. M. Castro